About Us . . .
Based in the Pacific Northwest, near Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon, Northwest Database Services makes your business database easy to use and programs your data to operate smoothly, and we’ve been doing it for over twenty years. We started working with databases in the very early years of the personal computer, with programs that are now part of computing history and some are long since out of business. We were also in the forefront of the Microsoft Access Database launch in the early 1990’s and continues to program in MS Access plus Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, and other Microsoft add-in products, as well as other database technologies, providing state of the art services to our clients.
We specialize in:
- Data Scrubbing and processing clients’ data
- Creating custom MS Access database applications
- Purchasing and combining data
- Preparing direct response mailing lists to USPS specifications
Our complete range of options includes:
- Setting up or optimizing in-house databases for the client
- Establishing complete maintenance packages, including data entry
- Data cleaning and normalization
- Query design and report generation
Northwest Database Services founder Geoffrey Hollander is co-author along with Debbie Mahterian of How To Make Your Mailing ListPay Off. He is the author of dozens of mailing industry and database articles plus software reviews for magazines like Windows Magazine, Intelligent Enterprise, PC Today, and is currently on the InfoWorld Review Board. Mr. Hollander is a co-founder and an active member of local Postal Customer Councils, and is an officer serving on the Board of Directors for the Portland Access User Group( PAUG ).