National Change Of Address
Over 40 million Americans change their address annually, which makes maintaining a high-quality mailing list a challenge. The USPS National Change Of Address, NCOA, and the ACS programs make change of address information available to you. Using NCOA services you can remove undeliverable addresses and avoid wasting money mailing to out of date addresses. NCOA processing improves mail deliverability by providing you with current, standardized, delivery point coded addresses for individual, family, and business moves.
NCOA offers you these following benefits
- NCOA reduces your undeliverable mail by providing the most current address available.
- NCOA prevents re-mailings: after NCOA corrections are made, because your addresses are updated before you mail – saving you the expense of wasted postage.
- In addition to change-of-address information, NCOA also provides Return Codes that explain each address’s match and non-match status. Where NCOA matches have been made, returned records also have either a new address or undeliverable status. When a match could not be made, NCOA includes a code indicating why not.
- NCOA also includes the following important address-defining codes:
Delivery Point Validation (DPV) enables you to verify that an address actually exists and is currently receiving deliveries.
Locatable Address Conversion System (LACS) improves your list’s deliverability and enables you to identify more potential duplicate addresses by rewriting rural addresses to USPS approved city-style addresses.
- Commercial Mail Receiving Agent (CMRA) tells you that this address houses private mailboxes at a distribution location, so your mailing piece will end up at a private mail-receiving and/or forwarding facility (e.g. Mail Boxes Etc. or Postal Annex). These addresses usually include a PMB (Personal Mail Box) line in them.
- DMA Suppression is a flag telling you that the recipient at this address has requested to opt out of all advertising mail through the Direct Marketing Association.
Northwest Database Services specializes in Business Management for NCOA accounts. We have over 15 years experience working with the USPS Information Center.
Our priority is that your needs are met, to your full satisfaction, every time.
Your satisfaction is our #1 priority. We’ll do what it takes to find the best solution.
We have been in the database business for over 34 years.
We make the database application specially to suit your data service needs.